View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ciaomeow35

Esophageal Varices

This is my first post. My husband is 43 years old. He has drank since the day I met him (19 years old). Right now he is in the hospital with sever liver disease. I found him collapsed on the dining room floor last saturday morning followed by vomiting up massive amounts of blood :0( I am still in shock over the whole thing. He has Esophageal Varices . They banded the varices that ruptured. What am I going to do when he comes home? He will be talking with a psychiatrist and attending AA. any other suggestions. day by day right? I'm not sure he fully understands what his condition is...even though we have explained it to him. He seems to be on Adavant often when I see him. They need to keep his portal pressure low so he can not get over excited. I know he will most likely be placed on some sort of medication for a while. His whole diet will have to change. They haven't mentioned liver transplant yet. I am terrified. Has anyone else had a significant other suffer from this particular damage from alcohol abuse?