Old 01-28-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by Linkmeister View Post
Before my first Al-anon meeting , I was a mess - someone that thought I was the only one who was going through this.

When I walked into my first meeting, I could feel the positive energy in a roomful of people I didn't know, but had something in common with.

I didn't say too much but was welcomed like an old friend. When I listened, it was like a huge burden had been lifted from my shoulders and while that was the start of many journeys for me, that meeting set the tone as I went home that night and for the first night in a very long time, I slept straight through the night.

I felt at peace, knowing I was not alone, that there were people who understood, who accepted, who loved who didn't blame or judge me. That was huge for me and while there have been many bumps along the road for me, knowing that wherever I am, there's always an Al-anon meeting close by.
Hey Linkmeister. As happens often here, and in Al-Anon, YOU just shared MY story. I have shared OUR story to new comers at many meetings these last few years.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote