View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LS2

same behaviors but sober

Maybe it is because he is sober(almost a year) not in recovery, but he still has weird things that he does. He still has the verbal/emotional abuse.

When he used to drink, he told me he drank to help keep himself awake so he wouldn't go to bed early. Ever since he became sober he goes to bed fairly early, like 8 or sometimes 7:30. That is the times my kids go to sleep! I don't know maybe its normal? He works at a pretty physical job from 7-5.

He used to drink and not eat supper with us. Then he got sober and it turned into working out and the kids and I ate supper. I questioned him about it, now he eats with us, but doesn't know how to carry on a conversation and since there is a tv in the kitchen he always wants it on.

Is it just men in general that they don't clean up after themselves? I grew up with my dad and mom cleaning, my dad is a little OCD about cleaning. I guess I don't know what normal is.

I know I shouldn't expect ANYTHING but seriously leaving a bowl in the living room from ice cream for 3 days ago is unacceptable. Our house is small and I keep everything from myself and my two little ones clean and put away. I'm just so irritated and then feel sorry for him because he works a hard job.

I know I can't control anything he does. I'm just frustrated which I shouldn't be because I have the choice. To stay or go. I choose GO but I can't get the courage to GO.