Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 02:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lionne
not little, a stranger no more

Welcome to SR dairo!
Good that you decided to change some things in your life. It really matters a lot that you have almost 1 month of sobriety. I remember that one month was a huge thing for me, and that the first few weeks were pretty harsh-I couldn't think clearly for most of the time. But it really gets better, and you will learn over time how to deal serenely with situations, people and places that trigger you. You can get there there. I also find your reslove inspirational, there really is no age too early for quitting, and no case too bad to turn things around. Thanks for sharing your story; from what you wrote it really was time to quit. I got sober at 28 and I really wish I would have admitted to myself earlier that I had a huge problem. It would have spared me a miserable life during most of my twenties.

The good thing is, you are still young and you don't need to continue this to do this toyourself any longer. You really have a lot of things ahead of you, you can have a great life and you still have many opportunities. You are doing the right thing, and with time, it will also get easier to live a happy sober life. It is some hard work at times, but it's all worth it.

Keep coming back, like the others, I'm looking forward to read more of your posts. There are a lot of supportive people here. Take care, and have a great sober day, Lionne