View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
jme2788

Originally Posted by IndyOG View Post
At 4 months I was coming home from a 45 day stint drying out and going to meetings. Withdrawn and drinking coffee, listening to wise souls in meetings telling and showing how to stay sober. Almost 2 years later I'm so much more alert and feeling in tune and grounded. My kids and their Mom are 100% better, doing better in school and sports and much happier. Doing a lot better at work. Bosses definitely notice. I came out of the alcohol haze after about 6 months. My appearance improved. Lost weight and got color back. Way more mentally alert from better diet and sleep. So much anxiety is gone because you take care of stuff thats weighing on you with help from AA people. The thing is, it takes time. You cant rush it. Its what I hear some say is the 'process'. Its working for me. Haven't drank in almost two years. I'm living proof and a skeptic. lol Got to show me.

You almost have to be selfish and all consumed to make AA and sobriety work. They told me to change people, places and things. That's the definition of selfishness. But its a self preservation, desperate selfishness. Way better then the selfishness of drinking!
Thanks Indy.. I was told that Bozo would get this program before Einstein. Not to call myself a genius (well maybe) but just the fact that I'm overanalyzing everything about my recovery and basically being really hard on myself. If it took you 6 months to come out of your haze then maybe it will be the same with me! In the meantime, I'm finishing up school and making some money, which is progress. Thanks for the support!