View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
After dealing with drugs and all the aftermath that happens I have finally realized I can't help my son fix himself anymore. I feel so numb. Drugs are so much stronger than all the love in the world. But to be a mom and not be able to help him is hard to deal with. Alanon is Ok but it deals with fixing ME~~~~I want to fix him...I know~~~step away. This is the third time and we know what to do but just reaching out to you all is what I need today. I woke up crying and maybe thats a good thing. Gotta get those tears out. I'm just praying that my son is smart enough not to dwell in harms way too long cause this time there is no cushion...thanks for being here. You all have no idea how much this site means to me. Hugs~
Dignity
Your words really tore at my heart. I understand how desparately you want to fix your son. You want to love the addiction away.....we all do. If it was only that easy.

I am walking this path with you....being the Mom of an adult addict/alcoholic. It's a tough path. But there are many here who walk with us. Many here who have experienced everything that we are experiencing. There are some who have survived the worst possible outcome and are showing us how to continue on with grace.

You are not alone.

gentle hugs from another Mom