View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 10:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

I get what you're saying about not knowing what's going on behind the happy curtain.

Could be worse than what you've got at home, right? That was actually something I told myself as a reason to STAY with my EX. I figured if I could cope with his alcoholism, then I pretty much had a handle on his baggage, and mine, and I wouldn't have to go out there hoping to hit the jackpot with someone else's baggage.

Actually, the couples I'm jealous of are the little old rickety ones that are out there shopping together. They chatter to each other or just smile at you as you pass by. I saw a pair one day pass through the craft section and the little old man handed his lady love a bright pink silk rose. She smiled and patted his cheek. He put it in the cart. True story. I had this huge grin and tears rolling down my face as I shopped after that. I must have looked like crazy person. That's the love I envy. When all the baggage is behind you and it's just the two of you accepting each other as you are.

One day, Alice. One day.

Great thread!