View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
PurpleWilder

Oh yeah.

My son was invited to a playdate at the home of one of the boys he goes to Gifted/Talented classes with. I knew they lived in a "tottier" part of town but....

When I got there I felt about 2 inches tall. I pull up in my dusty, dirty, loud Toyota to park in front of their 4 car garage. Their house was bigger than my entire apartment building. Hell, their cloakroom was larger than my bedroom. House immaculate, of course. Enormous living room, large fireplace, everything was stunning. Handsome husband reading the paper calmly in the living room.

Right then, I hated the financial and emotional position that having been attached to an alkie had put me in. The mom was as nice as can be and her kids were total cuties but I felt so jealous.

I do the best with what I have but my kids go to kinda of a high-end school district even though we are surely NOT in the high-end tax bracket. They see a lot of affluence around them and I don't anticipate that I will ever be able to afford the kinds of things their friends have. I know money isn't everything, but it sure is something....

Bunnypoo!