View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
stella27

ALL the time. That was one of the saddest parts of my marriage, and one of the most liberating parts of my divorce. I do feel like those happily married people are from a different planet.

I was having lunch with friends and they were complaining about how their husbands always wanted to snuggle on the couch or hold hands, or God forbid...have SEX. Didn't the husbands understand how EXHAUSTED their wives were?

And no one knew my issues, but I just started crying and said "but he LOVES you, and when someone loves you and wants to be with you, you can't imagine how lucky you are." (these are husbands w/o significant issues. besides just being male and all that comes along with that.)

So yes. any time I saw a couple relating normally, a wife being unafraid to say something sharp to her husband (I don't condone it, but there was no safety in my home to slip up), a couple enjoying each other's company, I was jealous.

Even parties became agonizing. This thread has brought a lot of things into focus for me.