View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Antiderivative

Originally Posted by Ramblin4hope View Post
How do you accept it? That you can NOT drink?
Simply put, I don't drink. I can't even remember the last time I did "drink"...it was probably in high school.

Drinking is such an understatement and not a honest way to look at my alcoholism. What I did was pour booze down my throat in disgusting amounts of quantities knowing that negative consequences will ensue, which included an early alcoholic grave and a journey to that grave filled with self-inflicted pain and misery.

I got sick and tired of eating those s*!t sandwiches, which resulted from my "drinking". Alcoholics cannot drink with impunity (maybe early on we could, but we come to a point where successful drinking becomes unsuccessful). If you are an alcoholic and continue to drink, then sooner or later you are going to be eating a s*!t sandwiches of your own making.

There came a time when I couldn't swallow any more s*!t sandwiches of my own making. It was time to accept the fact where my drinking took me, stop swallowing those nasty sandwiches, put the plug in the jug, and get help.