View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
ISPYSOBRIETY

Addiction looks for every opportunity to say "YO... I'M STILL HERE IF YOU NEED ME!" and it does so every once in awhile to test us.

The only thing that makes us better at something is doing it repetetively. At four months (I'm at five... so relatively close) we want to be 100% recovered, healed and feel impervious to the addictions calling and effects. This is the time where we need to not forget "One Day at a Time." Reverting to that method of thinking will STILL come in handy and save our butts. We can let our guard down to some degree, but never completely. We can't ever allow ourselves to have affectionate memories over substances that drove us to the depths of our existence. We have to be realistic in memory and remember where we were, what we did, how we looked, how we smelled, how people looked at us, how and where we woke up, things we didn't remember doing, the blackouts and opportunities to wake in a jail cell... etc.

In other words, we have to look at the honest to God truth about where we were and what we went through. Would we REALLY like to relive the bad times?

Congrats on the four months.