Thread: I get it now...
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

I am finding that recovering from my experiences with XABF (ex-"alcoholic boyfriend") have made me a stronger person, who is much better at handling the everyday emergencies in life, since even my car breaking down on a major highway is nothing compared to the side effects on our relationship caused by his love affair with Miss Whiskey.
But I had no idea that would be possible, when I was still stuck in the hurricane of confusion, and the flood of emotions that came after I cut off contact with him.

It is good that you are angry right now - it means your emotions are still intact.

You need to do whatever helps YOU feel better. He does not have to be part of your equation. If you don't want to take his calls, you don't have to. If you don't want to talk to him, you don't have to.
You need to find your own true self, and your own serenity, and it can and will take as long as it takes, and there is no way to rush the process.

The biggest thing to know is that you are not alone. Welcome to SR - you are not alone.