Thread: I get it now...
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
brokenheartfool

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Unfortunately, most of what I would have to offer seems to be what you don't want to hear right now.

That's OK, and you are certainly entitled to your feelings. I doubt, though, that sustained rage will make you feel much better in the long run.

Thanks Lexie, really every angle and response helps. It is recognition at least, wow, an answer, a response, on the same day! Exah makes me wait weeks sometimes for simple responses to emails, and this, after him asking for the communication.

Originally Posted by SandyM12345 View Post
Why worry about where you fit in with his world? Where does he fit into yours?

. Don't rate yourself on his scale. Make your own standards. Does he live up to yours?
Thanks Sandy. Very good points. Where does he fit into my world? I was under the impression we were going to try to go forward and repair things, and then he backs away again. I don't need a new rollercoaster.
Does he live up to my standards? No he doesn't. My standards are acknowledging my feelings, answering my emails, and not just talking about HIM.

Originally Posted by sereniti View Post

I'm a newbie to this Soberrecovery Site, just joined. Your writing is the first post i read. I want to tell you that you do have the complete devine right to feel the way you do. So own it for awhile! i am 143 D.S. (days sober), & the hell i put my husband & 7-kids thru is awful. The things i remember but more importantly is the things i don't remember! So I am genuinely sorry for your pain!
Sereniti
THanks Sereniti, for telling me it's ok to feel whatever I am feeling. Doesn't change my bad feelings, but at least I have the right to have them.
Glad for your 143 days.