Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ResilientFather

Thanks for all the kind words and replies. It's nice to be able to vent that out. After about a month of not being involved in her craziness, I'm finally starting to decompress from the toxicity that was in our home. Not having to worry about our daughters safety is huge. Hopefully my wife will start to realize that she can't spin her way out of this one, but I'm not counting on it. At this point I've made peace with the fact that I have no control over her choices. I just hope she wakes up someday soon and makes the right move for once. When we were at court a few weeks ago, her lawyer convinced her to start a 30 day outpatient program. Once we got in front of a judge and she made that intention clear I was hopeful that she was getting it. Then the words "I will do anything for my daughter" came out of her mouth...it's a nice sentiment but the judge had to remind her that she's going to be doing it for herself, not anyone else. I don't know if she has started yet or not and honestly I'm not sure how much I care right now. She's going to have to prove it with her actions as far as I'm concerned because I fell for her words too many times in the past.