View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ShiningStars

Thank you so much for your responses!!! I have been keeping a journal of sorts, but it definitely is filled with my feelings about what's been happening on any given day. I have several video recordings of him, too, when he's passed out or so drunk he can't get off the floor. I've tried to capture a couple of his nasty tirades (yelling, cursing, belittling me to my face or once out in the front yard - unprovoked, he was just mad that I found empty bottles he hid in the garage...) but that has not gone well, unless he's so drunk he doesn't notice the camera. And I keep printouts of his account that show his purchases - he doesn't know I have access. I keep everything hidden, hoping that if it ever becomes necessary the stuff I have captured will be helpful to keep my children safe. What a way to live

I'm glad to hear that there is something I can do. The thought of him being alone with the kids, too drunk to take care of them scares me more than anything. I will start keeping a general log of the good and bad - and maybe even continue with my journal (it can be theraputic at times).