View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
wicked

lillamy,

I am sorry you cannot enjoy a glass of wine anymore. I hope someday in the future you will be able to enjoy alcohol again. I cannot enjoy any alcohol because I am an alcoholic, but I do not feel badly about it. I enjoy being sober. Truly, I do.
I am at peace with myself, (well, almost still got some ACA stuff) and resist the urge quite easily. I run the tape through and end up with something very bad happening to me, my family, or anyone else for that matter.

It is disturbing that your spouse and tuffgirls spouse would call you both alcoholics. Ridiculous really, when you think about it. Sadly, because you are in the vicinity, you are to be blamed. Both of you max out on two drinks. Me, two drinks makes the switch go off, it is not about enjoying the taste, it is about getting the high.
Miller Lite was my poison, but believe me, if I didnt get enough of that, I would switch to whatever was there.

I did not resent anyone who drank around me responsibly. I think if you get ill with two drinks, that makes you a normal person. Alcoholics enjoy that feeling and are off to the races, you get sick. Big, big difference.

Tuffgirl,
when you took those tests on the internet, what did they say?
LOL
From what you describe, you seem to have that shut off switch. Your husbands switch is broken.
I hope you can enjoy a good brew someday.

Beth