View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

hey thanks for separating this out into its own thread because I am really struggling with this issue right now.

My AH still thinks I have a drinking problem because we drank together. But I stopped at my two drink maximum while he drank until he passed out. More than two drinks and I am sick and usually hungover the next day, so I learned early on to moderate. Apparently he doesn't have that switch to shut it off like I do (?).

But I have been questioning myself a lot for wanting to have a beer when I get home from work (now that we don't live together and I can have one!). One of my expensive fancy microbrews that I have grown quite fond of. And then I feel GUILTY and WEIRD and start wondering again if I am an alcoholic too? Jeesh - I guess I am just a bit messed up in my thinking, too! I've even taken the "do you think you are an alcoholic" questionnaires on the internet!

Do they (our A spouses/family/friends) resent us for being able to drink normally when they can't? Is that normal, especially during early recovery?