Thread: Kiss
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 02:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sasha4

Hi

Congrats on the grandbaby.

I just wanted to tell you something about me to help with your fight against the booze.

I have a little girl. When she was born my partner left me. It was awful. She was so tiny and I was exhausted.
My own mother took it hard. She has always been a big drinker. But every night she rang me absolutely sloshed - shouting, slurring her words. Every morning she rang to apologise for her blackout drunk behaviour. I did not need it. I was tired from doing every night time feed myself.

I called her on it and eventually it got better. She now has my baby girl (with my dad) one day a week while I work.

However, I am reluctant to let her stay overnight. I don't think she knows that I see the hidden glass that she swears his just coke but really it has a massive vodka in it when she's about to bath my daughter.

My Dad on the other hand was a tower of strength.
He bought every single diaper I needed for a year.
He helped out with petrol when I needed it.
He cheered me up when I was down.
He took over 1,000 photo's of my little girl and put them on dvds for me.

In no way am I saying that it will be the same situation for your new grandbaby. What I am saying is DO NOT LET ANY OF THE PRECIOUS MEMORIES THAT WILL BE CREATED BY THAT BABY BE AFFECTED BY BOOZE. DO NOT LET THAT POISON TAINT THEM.

Be an awesome grandparent.

Get back into recovery and work it like your new grandsons life depends on it.

Now go get em Grandma!

xx