View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JustAYak
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by jds0401 View Post
Sometimes (oh who am I kidding a lot of times) I find talking exhausting. Especially with this one friend who likes to unload all her emotions on me....eek...I like her but arggh, it's just too much sometimes.
I actually recently broke a friendship with someone because I couldn't handle that... I had repeatedly told her that she brings out a lot of my codependecy issues, such as my need to "fix" things, and that sometimes she just needs to find someone else to dump on (which makes it sound like I'm being a terrible friend but it's something I need to happen). She ignored what I said so I told her that I couldn't be friends with her anymore. She was a great person, I just couldn't handle it. I don't do well in relationships like that, but I'm wondering if that ALL relationships where you are romantically involved are going to be like that... I have a feeling they are and that does not bode well for me. I mean, if they aren't, then its just called "dysfunctional" so I don't know what to think really.