Thread: Narcissism
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Codie101

Floss your post truly hit home for me. I just became a member at the beginning of the week and have already made progress. Sharing with others and reading their posts. I realized that I am not alone. That I am not the only person who has an alcoholic mother (even though she is dry - she was and still is an alcoholic). I am not the only person with an ABF who can be abusive at times. I am not the only person who is codependent. I am tired of feeling alone. SR has been a God send for me.

Goldengirl...my exH is a narcissist, but not an alcoholic. My mother - alcoholic. Current BF - alcoholic. Now I am not sure if the alcoholism breeds narcissism, but all three of these people display the same characteristics. Was my mother and BF narcissists before they were alcoholics? I have no idea. BUT they all have the same exact behavior. Bottomline, I don't want to be around people like that anymore or at the very least I am going to find a healthy place for ME so that when I do encounter people like that in the future I will recognize them for who they are and stay away from them.