View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 12:33 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
MrDavid

Kudos everyone for your comments...I choose # 2 as well. I compare the experience of unearthing our true potential from within, to that of a friend whom we lost contact with for so long and by extraordinary means are able to reconnect with them once again. Basically...the prospects of rediscovering ourselves and the dreams that once defined us are endless, as long as we continue to pursue our goals and dreams with the same fervor as does a dying man search for his next breath.

I got involved, early on, with a group that focused on rediscovering their worth through the life altering gift of sobriety. This gift - as presented to me in an earth shattering way - has been the driving force behind my continued desire to grow and mature through the sobering up process. Not just over alcohol, mind you; there are many residual effects of my childhood, still etched in my mind, that could cause me to doubt the very thing I've come to appreciate most of all - My sobriety, "one day at a time". However, what has emerged since then has been the desire to complete the unfinished work that had been vacated for so long. I'm able to begin the process; once again of reclaiming my worth through the many avenues that lead me to become the man I am today.

Through the strong bond of spiritual unity, deeply rooted in a network of sober minded people whom I am grateful for every day, I am rediscovering myself and devoting quality time to pursue the dreams that have awakened my senses and restored my dignity.