Old 01-19-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ANEWAUGUST

Hello and welcome...

How wonderful that your wife is in recovery.

I am an alcoholic in recovery. I attend meetings, I work, I go out with friends, I go about my daily life. At first, I wanted to be at my meetings or with my recovery buds because I was most comfortable there. I shared a bond with them that I didn't have with others.

For many months, I was uncomfortable at home, because I was just uncomfortable with myself.

My sponsor is a wise and wonderful women who continually reminds me that I created alot of chaos and inflicted alot of damage upon my loved ones when I was active. She told me that I had to start living my recovery in that place and space called home. It wasn't always rainbows and unicorns. But, I was home and more importantly I was sober.

I try to make a living amends everyday to my loved ones. That includes living the prinicipals I have learned at home.

No meetings go on until 2:00 am, although she may just be at the Alano club or drinking coffee with friends.

I would suggest you see if a possible compromise could be worked out right now. Support her recovery and friendships certain nights, and certain nights are family nights.

Just a suggestion.