View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by JenT1968 View Post

You are a strong capable woman, you will overcome any difficulties. I know this because I didn't know if I would financially survive or physically be able to cope with 2 kids entirely on my own, but I did, I am and we are thriving. Until I was OUT of the chaos and the lies and general rubbish that living with an alcoholic brings, I couldn't see how much of my resources were drained by that, and how much better I would do when I wasn't living watching it all.

I often hesitate to post just how much wonderfully better life is not living with my ex, because it can come accross as pressure to leave, and that's not my intention: you will make abolutely the best decision for you, in your own good time. (())
Same for me, once I was out from under the same roof as active alcoholism, my clarity improved 100 fold.

Every time my mind began playing the "second guessing myself" game, HP stepped in with example after example, courtesy of axw's behavior, to show me how blessed my decision was.

When my path hasn't been clear, I've found by asking and quietly waiting, the answers were revealed. You'll know.

That's been my experience.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

ETA A separation doesn't always have to be permanent or lead to divorce.