View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JenT1968

sorry - I've re-read that and it sems to come accross in a terse manner that wasn't my intention.

You are a strong capable woman, you will overcome any difficulties. I know this because I didn't know if I would financially survive or physically be able to cope with 2 kids entirely on my own, but I did, I am and we are thriving. Until I was OUT of the chaos and the lies and general rubbish that living with an alcoholic brings, I couldn't see how much of my resources were drained by that, and how much better I would do when I wasn't living watching it all.

I was also unsure I was doing the right thing (should I give him one more chance to really get that I was serious?) until AFTER the words had left my lips stating that I was now leaving, and started taking action. Once they had, I felt such relief that I knew it was right. My ex left, he said he would go rather than me in order to let the children remain in the house: actually he did this in order to delay and control the situation ramping up the pressure to get me to default to the normal order of things. It took 10 very long weeks for him to leave, with one bag of clothes, to an apartment that was completely furnished and available the day I said I was going. with him going backwards and forwards over whether he was going, he finally left 2 days before I was due to sign to rent a house 20 miles away. Those 10 weeks were very hard, so my preference for leaving would always be as soon as practically possible. Just be prepared.

I often hesitate to post just how much wonderfully better life is not living with my ex, because it can come accross as pressure to leave, and that's not my intention: you will make abolutely the best decision for you, in your own good time. (())