View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hopingforlife

Originally Posted by SoloMio View Post

So, I contacted the owner of a winter home for rent to see if it's still available.

I do a lot of work on my home phone--at times, it's what I do for a living. I'd have to use my cell phone for hours and hours of work, which might be very expensive. HOWEVER, on those few days I'd have to rely on my cell phone, I could go to the office of the people who subcontract me and maybe use an empty office and their land-line.

I have a dog. The place I'm looking to rent allows dogs. Would I take her, or would I leave her home? Or just do a "joint custody" thing? I am her primary caregiver--I walk her, I play with her, etc. But her home base is here.

I have other things in the house I MIGHT want to protect, not necessarily bring. (Memorabilia, etc.) Do I just trust that they'll be fine here, or do I get a storage locker somewhere?

Those are just some of the things rattling around in my brain this morning.

But, when the owner gets back to me, if the answer is, "yes, the house is still available" should I or shouldn't I? And do I just leave now, or start Feb 1?
Get an unlimited cell phone plan, many carriers have them ranging from $30, $50, $100. (virgin, boost, sprint)

take the dog so you don't feel lonely

wait til they say yay or no before figuring out the "now or feb 1st part" because that should be any day now, but find out all you can about your "leave now" options so you are ready on a dime. : ). Good luck.

deal with the storage drama later, get yourself (with the dog) out first.