View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JenT1968

I had a lot of similar worries, nearly all evaporated or were made better by leaving an actively drinking alcoholic.

debts: I made much more headway with mine once I was completely in charge of my own budget, without having to cover for someone elses mistakes, usage of common stuff and when I had a peaceful home, I didn't have to pay to escape for hours or days (every sunday morning I took the children to a play centre because AH was so mean if they made any noise at all - even footsteps upstairs, now they play at home as LOUD as they want). My gas/electric bills halved, because I don't leave the heating and three TVs on all day when I leave the house. My grocery budget halved because I don't snack on tomorrow's family evening meal in the middle of the night when I come to from being passed out or say I want to eat and then leave home-cooked meals on the side uneaten. I stay within budget effortlessly.

Phones: sounds like a plan, or get a different call-package that would change your pricing structure.

Dog: children and pets adapt, the dog will learn to be happy with whatever you decide. Joint custody sounds like a recipe for ongoing problems, but you know your situation best.

all of the above and many more can be overcome (although I worried about lots of similar things when I made the decision to go, and the debts thing was one of my excuses for not jumping ship earlier).

Do you want to continue to live like this? Is the packed bag there so that you can leave right now whenever you need to or a method to remind him how serious you are? the latter isn't sustainable.

now or on feb first: it's a matter of days, do whichever is best for you. (())