View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoloMio

Should I? (Oh, those nasty excuses!)

I mentioned in another post that I have a packed suitcase in the hall outside my bedroom. I have told AH that I am not living with him if he continues to drink.

He went to "Home Depot" yesterday and came back drunk--not real drunk, and very functional--he shoveled the driveway, helped me with a problem on my computer, but... he drank. I also noticed he was on Continental.com and I'm SO afraid he's thinking of surprising me with an anniversary trip (our anniversary is at the end of this month)--I refuse to go--even if he says he doesn't intend to drink. No way do I have faith that he'd follow through on that promise.

So, I contacted the owner of a winter home for rent to see if it's still available.

Here are the "yeah, buts"--

I have been trying to whittle down a LOT of debt and made great headway last year. If I have to plunk down $1k a month for my own place that would really put a ding in my efforts. HOWEVER, if I may be able to make up half of it by adjusting my budget in other areas.

I do a lot of work on my home phone--at times, it's what I do for a living. I'd have to use my cell phone for hours and hours of work, which might be very expensive. HOWEVER, on those few days I'd have to rely on my cell phone, I could go to the office of the people who subcontract me and maybe use an empty office and their land-line.

I have a dog. The place I'm looking to rent allows dogs. Would I take her, or would I leave her home? Or just do a "joint custody" thing? I am her primary caregiver--I walk her, I play with her, etc. But her home base is here.

I have other things in the house I MIGHT want to protect, not necessarily bring. (Memorabilia, etc.) Do I just trust that they'll be fine here, or do I get a storage locker somewhere?

Those are just some of the things rattling around in my brain this morning.

But, when the owner gets back to me, if the answer is, "yes, the house is still available" should I or shouldn't I? And do I just leave now, or start Feb 1?