Thread: iHateAdderall
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 03:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sarah8180

I too struggle a LOT with the - "How dare he move on and not apologize and try and get me back". Now just like with your situation my ex always does at some point (usually a few days to a week) contact me, say sorry and that he never meant to hurt me and he has a "problem" BLAH BLAH BLAH... You get the picture. I can also totally relate to having to eat/sleep/watch tv/go out ect., ALONE when we usually did EVERYTHING together. But one thing I have learned over the past 2+ years - even when he says what I want to hear it doesn't reallty MEAN anything. Time always proves that as we always end up back at square one (him using). Now I try and tell myself no matter what he does or doesn't say it really doesn't matter because 9 times out of ten it's not true. I know it is SOOO hard but you really do have to try and take care of YOU. I have drove myself crazy over these 2 years trying to "help" and "support" him and I am exausted from it. So now I have to try the only thing I haven't - Leave him alone and let him sink or swin on his own cause clearly I can't fix it either way. Good luck