Thread: 1st Post
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
corkel

1st Post

Hi all, joined last year, lurked and finally decided to post. Guess my AH took up a lot of my time! My story in a nutshell... Married for 7 yrs. to a man that drank beer every minute he wasn't at work. About 3 yrs. ago I started to find "airplane" bottles of vodka hidden everywhere.(My plants, rolled up in his socks in the drawer, couch cushions you name it.) He's a sloppy, falling down, mean, verbally abusive drunk. Probably not shocking to anyone here is the fact that he gets up everyday, works a 50 hr. week, has a good job where his bosses,co-workers and customers think he's SO NICE. He's even managed to never have gotten a DUI! although he drives drunk every night. Last April, I had him removed by the police one night. Had to bring him to court and force him to provide some support money. (he cleaned out bank account of $7000 everything we had) We were separated for a few months while he did the whole AA thing. After awhile we started talking. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!! As a master manipulator, he blew plenty of sunshine up my you know what. He moved back in in July, and didn't feel the need to attend AA anymore by August. So, of course you all know what happened next. The love of his life, Miss Absolute moved back in with us!The last few months have been hellish. Now it's January, I turned the computer on yesterday morning and he didn't close out of his e-mail account on it the night before.(too difficult while drunk, I suppose)so.. what do I find? while I lay sleeping upstairs Sun. night, he sat here drunk and decided it was perfectly acceptable to join an online dating service! You know how they talk about an alcoholic hitting bottom? I HIT MINE!!! I let him leave for work normally, packed my car with every single thing of his from this house, and drove to his job. Switched everything into his car and drove away. Stopped at Lowes, bought a new lock for the front door and had my sisters husband come change it. I never heard from him last night. This morning he sent me a text saying he needs his alarm clock and razor! Wow, talk about whats important to him. Anyway, my advice to the next unsuspecting lady is.. RUN FAR, RUN FAST You can't help an addict that doesn't want the help. Lord knows I tried. I don't know how I'll make it through. Right now I'm just enjoying the peace and calm in my house. Thanks everyone for listening to a newbies rant. Looking forward to sharing with those that understand.