Old 01-18-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
joblo

Originally Posted by kiki5711 View Post
you have to keep in touch with your psychiatrist immediately after trying a new prescription if you feel something weird. when I was first started on Seroquel it made my body twich and I still coudn''t sleep, had panick attacks and I thought I was hearing voices.

I called her and she called me back right away from her home and decreased the dosage on Seroquel. I thought she was going to take me off it. She kept calling me for the next three or so days to make sure I was ok.

It worked, the twiches stopped and hallucinations and I was able to fall asleep finally after not being able to for over a week.

This was right after my rehab. By keeping in touch with her and trusting her with her observation it worked.
If you don't mind my asking, exactly what dosage of seroquel did you doc have you on? I've heard of some moron doctors out there prescribing up to 1200mg/day to people which should be considered malpractice b/c high dosages (from what I've read) are associated with such side effects which is why there is a class action lawsuit in progress against the manufacturer. It sounds like you have a phenomenal psychiatrist my friend...most of us are not so lucky. Just got this off of drugs.com regarding the possible side effects of campral:

Side Effects of Campral - for the Consumer
Campral

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Campral:

Diarrhea; dizziness; gas; loss of appetite; nausea; trouble sleeping; weakness.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Campral:

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); anxiety; behavior changes; depression; mental or mood changes; nervousness; panic attacks; restlessness; suicidal thoughts or behaviors.

I only use seroquel for sleep. I couldn't imagine anybody actually functioning on this medication during the day...seems like an inappropriate drug for daytime. I'm feeling so much better today now that I'm off the campral...I also stopped taking my remeron which is a +! 1 less med to worry about!

As of now, I've taken no valium today and I feel great. I'm sure later on I'll probably have to take 1 to ween down as withdrawal may (or may not) set in. If I think I can eek by without any, I'll do so...I really wanna get this over with as soon as possible but I definitely feel like I'm on the right path again.

Once I'm off the valium...down the road, I may still use it PRN very carefully. I may even consider librium as an alternative PRN anxiety med as it is not quite as powerful as valium nor does it have as high of an abuse potential.

This forum has been such a great help in getting me through this process as this is the only place I feel like I can be completely honest...doctors, I'm always a bit leery of as most of them have never been through what we're going through and they simply can't relate. My new GP is awesome though...very much looking forward to sharing my progress with her.