Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 03:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Floss

Ah yes, the quacks! Where to start? My ex A says things like "I'm a man. Men like to drink after a hard day's work" (Mind you, he's lost his job/s due to his drinking). Whenever the subject of alcoholism comes up, he attempts to deflect to my dad "How about your father? He left YOU". and "Why don't you talk to your dad. Have you ever asked him why he left?" (my dad is a RA and in AA. Ex A's dad is an active A)

Another one (will sound familiar to many...) "I'm nothing like those people in AA".

When ex was sober for a period of time, saying he was "working the program" but wasn't, he'd say things like "It's a selfish program. I come first!", with a smirk on his face. He loved using that one! He was already a selfish person, it was always all about him, but then to get 'permission' from rehab to be even more selfish, he ran with it! I understand where the psychs etc were coming from, as we all know we need to put ourselves first when we're in recovery, but as a 'dry drunk', he used it to be even more selfish and controlling.

Eight ball, those quacks about the Americans are a classic!