View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 04:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Well said Daf..."becoming willing" is the beginning of acceptance. Admitting that I don't know...admitting that I may be wrong and most of all admitting that I am powerless over people, places and things.

I do know that when I am bothered by something and I read good ol' page 449 it always holds true. There is always something or someone that I am not accepting as being exactly what they need to be today. I may not agree, in fact I may feel like jumping up and down, or being a little less than courteous but when I fall back on acceptance the load becomes lighter. It is not my job in this world to be the traffic cop or to judge and condem. It is my job to be the best person that I can be.

Accepting what I cannot change is huge for me. The more difficult part is "the wisdom to know the difference". I can get all caught up in where the responsibilty lies. That is when I have to hold my reality up to the fellowship.

When I accept Ward or the Beav as who they are it free's me up to see the good qualities that everyone has. When I accept a simple thing like the traffic in the morning it allows me the luxury of looking around and appreciating the summer. When I accept a thing the way it is it stops me in my tracks. I stop trying to change what I cannot and I look for alternatives. I have choices. I can drive another route...I can appreciate the alone time when Ward passes out and do something I enjoy.

This is a refresher course for me too!
Hugs,
JT