View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Boleo
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by Corri View Post

I am able to freely discuss those things, but last night seemed different somehow. When we left, I almost felt defeated rather than heartened. Bad memories, bad dreams and an ick feeling this morning, like I have an emotional hangover or something! LOL!

It reconfirmed for me that there are things I simply cannot change or ignore about myself. Awareness of these things, and learning to live with the person I am... almost seems daunting sometimes. I look forward to meeting the person I have tucked away inside of me somewhere.

On whole, it was a great experience in that it did get me off The Pink Cloud, so I can truly get down to business.
First of all, Pink Clouds don't go away permanently, they just take vacations if we continue on with all of the steps.

Second, when it comes to dealing with the principle of humility, it is supposed to hurt for a while then turn positive (no pain - no gain).

Third, I liked your choice of the word "defeated". A good surrender phase should be just that. Next move on to another struggle round of more "daunting" work. Spiritual growth is the result of many struggle - surrender cycles. Just keep in mind:

"That which does not kill you makes you stronger".