View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
AlmaLibre

You know, it's crazy how I'm starting to feel great joy in simple things I overlooked or was too numb to notice before.
Today started out pretty bad for me. But, later in the afternoon my neighbor (we've known each other ever since we were little kids) stopped by and we talked for a bit. Then before he left he said how different I look. That I look like a whole new person since I got clean. That made me feel better.
Then, my American sister (that's what my family and I call her. She's known us ever since I was 2 years old) dropped by with 2 of her 4 kids (1 of which is my Godson) and just having them around lifted my spirits so much.
And, finally, this one I'm sure you're going to think I'm nuts, I watched a movie (the movie about the owls - Legend of the Guardians) and I absolutely loved it. I'm still smiling (inside and out) as I write this. For some reason, this movie really made me feel good. It's been a long time since a movie has had that effect on me.
I know that I'm still going to go through bad days, but feeling the way I felt today makes it all worthwhile. Just knowing it's possible to feel this natural high makes me want to keep going and never look back.
I just thought I'd share that.
And, Dreamscape, I will keep reminding myself when I have an off day that it's only temporary like you said. Thank you so much.
Karma, I totally know what you mean. It is GREAT to feel. Even the bad. At least, we know we are alive now and no longer zombies. It's very nice to meet you too. And everyone else here. You guys will never know the difference you have made in my life. Thank you so very, very much.