Old 01-16-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
joblo

Day 10 no alcohol: Withdrawal's toward end of day are horrible!

I think this is day #10 of no alcohol and my body hurts at middle / end of my day 2-5 pm. The only thing that helps is to take Valium and I'm tapering back on that...or at least trying to. Down to 10mg yesterday (end of the day...almost freaking lost it)...I tried to go cold turkey and no dice my friend. I thought being over the hump meant alcohol withdrawal was over but day 10 is still quite painful. The body aches are so bad as my day progresses and the stress that builds makes me extremely unstable mentally. I took 15mg today as I had the day off and I had to actually go to grocery stores which increased my stress level so the battle rages on...day #11 tomorrow. Going to an AA meeting this week to check it out. Calling my psych and gp tomorrow to set appointments as my blood pressure is already extremely high and I get these odd funny feelings in my head like something is going to explode...hard to describe. Only thing that eases it is the freaking valium which I have an ok supply of until my next refill / psych appt thank god. Filled my campral today which is total crap...doesn't work, and was a waste of $30. I'd sure love to thank my psych for that one. Anybody else experience this kind of thing with alcohol withdrawal? Sometimes I feel like I'm winning the battle and sometimes I feel like I've already lost the war...no alcohol but very low quality of life. Not cool beans right now...