View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

I know how concerned you must be right now. I remember when my son and his (then) girlfriend came to me to announce that they were pregnant. I was very concerned. She was heavily involved in drugs (as was he). I was concerned because he wanted her to have an abortion and she refused. I was concerned because I didn't know whether she would clean her act up. I was concerned because I was afraid she would be raising that child without my son's involvement.

Well, they had the baby. She stayed clean during the pregnancy and cleaned up her act. She went back to college and graduated with a four year degree and is currently working for a government agency.

She is doing an excellent job of raising her son unfortunately with minimal involvement on my son's part. She has allowed my husband and I to be a part of our grandson's life. Our relationship with her is stable (but strained sometimes--she has some "dry drunk" type issues) but I'm grateful that things have turned out the way they did for the most part.

Sometimes good things come from situations that test us.

I will hope and pray that your daughter will make good decisions for herself and for the little one she now carries.

gentle hugs