View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
SASA

I believe in a higher power, but I am not in AA or any program, my support network is SR and ym cats, lol. I was educated roman catholic, however my parents never went to church. They sent me though. Along my way I realized that most of the peopel in church have double standards. I started to realize that in my opinion (again thats how I feel just want to emphasize that) religion and god are used way to much to manipulate and control people and tell them what they are allowed to do or not. If you do this you will go to hell, but if you do this you will go to heaven.
I believe there is a higher power, which could be god, that guides us and I believe it is loving us and helping us. I believe the HP gives us tasks it knows we can do and we learn and grow. I also believe that we have free will to accept and that we can choose what we want to do, that the HP is there waiting for us to recognize what needs to be done. And I believe in the basics of cristianity as I understand them that you should help people and animals and treat them as you want to be treated. You should give love every day and support and assist others... When you open your heart to others you will get love, peace and joy in return from the universe.