View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lilly1

WOW Rayn...just WOW! I'd ask you more but I know he hasn't had a girlfriend in several years, LOL! Another sign of his drinking habit I suppose....

Thanks for the support....honestly this is the hardest thing I've done to one of my kids. I HAVE been in denial much of this last three months. I had myself convinced he wasn't an actual ALCOHOLIC and that he was just drinking to medicate himself. I was wrong. Watching him walk out the door, knowing I'm sending him out to Lord-knows-what, killed me. Our final conversation was him saying "I'm not saying anything to make you or Dad feel better" and my response "I'm not asking you too". I didn't even get a chance to tell him that I'm here when he decides to sober up and get help. I think he knows that, but he was angry. Maybe in a few days he'll call.

I watch enough "Intervention" and have been a nurse long enough to have seen a lot. I know how alcoholics work and how they burn people out. I've seen enough end-stage alcoholism in the hospital to make me sick. I pray and pray he doesn't ever get to that pont but really, who's to say?