View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
skippernlilg
Skipper

Originally Posted by coyote21 View Post
I still don't quite understand about the whole primary, secondary emotions thing. But I do know, my natural/knee jerk response to "fear", is "anger".

IOW, if you for example, hurt my feelings, my response to the "fear" that you don't like or respect me, would be to get angry. I'm much more comfortable "feeling" anger, rather than fear. Which I believe, we men, might be more socialized to, IDK. Although LMC is the same way. Hope I didn't teach her that. Probably.

I'm still trying to stop the "knee jerk" part right now. One of the ways is to, like Cats said earlier, (maybe another thread?) "Don't just do something, sit there". It's about responding rather that reacting. It's hard.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
So you're saying that your reaction to fear is anger. I think it's considered "Fight or Flight" basic instinctual response common to all animals, such as us humans. Your first instinct is to fight when you sense fear.

Sadness and depression would more describe the 'flight' aspect of it.

I'm getting back my range, and it feels so much more natural. I am allowing more than just fear into my life, so I can feel that range. The emotional range is something I had forgotten. :day6