View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Congrats Lafemme!!!! Way to go on 6 months.....whoohooo.

I am Roman Catholic, believe in God but not necessarily the Church. I found praying and having faith for the strength to continue on was part of my recovery but it was on me to make the change. For me, God wasn't going to fix me that was for sure but he sure helped me cause I still don't know how I am not dead from that last bender, got out a horrible marriage to meet my wonderful hubbs who is a blessing in my life really and about 1 1/2 months after quitting finding out I am pregnant!!! Yeah, so many years of unexplained infertility and wham this miracle. So yeah.....I believe I got something a bit greater then me looking out. My life speaks it to me

For me I do counseling because it was something I had thought about for years. It was a natural first choice when seeking help because I had so much ummmm baggage that I needed someone to help me with that.

I respect all programs and I will say that if at any given point in time....I find myself no longer on a positive path and what I am doing isn't helping....then I will add on more support I actually find quite a few similarities with what I am doing and AA so I respect the program but with everything in my life I just try and speak from experience.

Again good work on the beautiful 6 months and figured I would just add some of what I am doing