Old 01-13-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Northland))) - I don't know if Canada has something similar, but when I had a felony (it was supposed to be a first offender...felony removed if I completed probation), I found a site on something like "employment for convicted felons" in the U.S. Though I did get my first offender status, it was good to find out that there ARE employers who will hire a felon.

I still have a lot of bad references, losing jobs, etc. to get through, and am actually going to school to go BACK into the healthcare field, where I messed up so much, but not in patient care. I have no idea how the past will impact me, but I'm going for it.

Maybe google something in and see if Canada has something similar? See if you can find some people that have the jobs you're interested in and ask them? I'd thought about applying at a grocery store, but talked to a cashier I'd gotten to know well, and he said they wouldn't even hire if you had a misdeameanor, which I do.

There are some things in my past I can't undo, but I believe that as long as I work my recovery, don't do stupid things (like I did) that cause any more bad consequences, it will work out. Good luck to you!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy