View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 07:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
onceuponatime2

I homeschool my son through a cyber charter school. It is a lot like homeschooling because I do most of the teaching. But, he does have to turn in papers to teachers for a grade, and has to participate in things such as state testing.

I pulled my son out of the public brick and mortar school 6 years ago. It has been a wonderful experience for both of us. My son has Asperger's, and the one on one teaching works very well with him.

In the beginning we had relatives asking the "what about his socialization" question all the time. However, now that they see how much progress he has made they fully support our choice.

Homeschoolers and cyber schoolers often have social opportunites through things such as co-ops and outings. Besides kids are involved in many social events outside of school such as sports and scouts.

Homeschooling laws are different from state to state. So, you may want to research what the laws are in your state. Also, there are many ***** groups with people who homeschool and cyberschool. The people in these groups are great. They offer tips on organization, share opinions about curriculum, and share teaching ideas .

I hope you find something that works for you and your kids.