View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BigBlue

Can this be the one?

My name is BigBlue and I am an addict. My drug of choice is crack cocaine. Promised myself and family for years that I would quit. Like many addicts I had great intentions but no positive results. I haven't told anyone I joined this forum or that I am utilizing the "CrackBusters" workbook. Instead of making false promises to others I have decided to commit myself to breaking this horrible cycle. I have removed myself from the drug environment as best as possible and am successfully ignoring addicts and drug dealers attempts to contact me.

People who are addicts or dealers seem to be dying all around me. If I stay my present course I know my turn will soon come. I do not want my family left with telling people "he was trying to turn his life around." I want them to be able to sayh "he overcame his addiction, completed his college courses, got a degree and went on helping others whose lives have been wrecked by drug and alcohol abuse." I want to be a role model.

So here my journey begins. Sobriety began January 7, 2011.....and so the story goes.....