View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

I'm happy to be in this thread because you have me thinking about things down the road.

In the spirit of what we preach around here, I'd have to say that it's crucial for children to have the opportunity to learn things on their own. I'm a huge fan of getting out of your comfort zone in order for growth to happen. If your daughter is that age and is shy and is entering that new phase physically, it may be very important to be around other girls close to her age.

If by removing her from the male instructors because you believe she has issues due to an AH, aren't you limiting her ability to interact with males that could potentially be good? Do you think that may only enforce the concept that all men are bad?

It would seem to me, based on what you're saying that this would be a temporary thing. If that's true, let me present this to you.

Being that my son is a toddler and unsteady on his feet, he falls often. It's winter time so he wears his boots which make him fall more often. Just because he falls more often in his boots, doesn't mean that I should stop putting his boots on. I believe he needs to learn how to walk in them. Guess what? He's learned.