View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ShiningStars

Thanks so much for everyone's responses! I have been on such a rollercoaster ride dealing with this. And I've also been frozen - not sure where to start or how to put a plan into action, but I KNOW I have to do something. I can use the information each of you provided.

I have felt so trapped - My AH controls access to his income (unemployment) and our only vehicle (mine was totaled last spring). I've been without a cell phone except for rare times when I can borrow his. I recently obtained my own phone that he doesn't know about, and have been trying to put back money as I can but it's been hard since I can barely get money out of him for groceries. I can't even rely on Internet as the connection I am using in an unsecured signal in my neighborhood and not always available.

I did locate an Al-Anon meeting close to me with childcare, but it conflicts with my son's PPCD program (special needs preschool). I am going to talk to his school to see how much of an impact it will have on his day if I pick him up early so we can make the meeting (his school day is only 3 hours long).

Lately I feel as though there are so many more things to do than I will ever be able to accomplish. Some days I feel as though I will

I'm sorry I didn't respond to each response independantly, but I'm afraid my connection will be gone by the time I get everything typed out the way I want to...

Thanks so much again for the links and suggestions you each provided. I have so much reading to do!