View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Eight Ball

Back into detachment mode I went
I really appreciated that - I am always struggling with understanding detachment and a light bulb went off in my head with that line. (detachment = mode)

I did the exact same thing this evening when I smelt and saw the red wine glass in my AH hand when I walked into his office (hiding). I didn't say anything to him and just walked away. I can see why this possibly has more impact on them, then snapping at them about drinking and them having something to be angry with you about.

My AH chose to work on the Monday (Bank Holiday) after Christmas day even though we had a couple of discussions about it, me saying I wasn't happy about him working as he wasn't being paid double time and he should spend some time with me and him agreeing and saying he would try to arrange it. He got up and went to work! I was upset with him about it, and snubbed him and then he stopped speaking to me and then when we finally cleared the air a week later, I was to blame because I didn't like him working.

I think your maybe interacting negatively towards his drinking (saying no etc) gave him a reason to be angry with you.

On the non alcoholic beer front - I would like to see if that one works for your AH. Mine (who is denial) tells me that he drinks beer because he likes the taste but I bet you if I said fine, drink non alcoholic beer to your hearts content, he would be saying that it didn't taste right and be back on his normal beer pretty quickly.