View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
reggiewayne

To anyone who is as lazy as me...

Hey everyone. For years I have been lazy. By lazy I mean playing video games for hours upon hours, not cleaning (until the house was just a disaster), showing up to work late, calling in sick when I didn't want to go to work, lying to my wife about doing things she asked - knowing I wasn't going to do them as I was saying I would, etc...

I have basically spent my entire life avoiding responsibility so I could do what I wanted to do. Most of the time that meant drinking and sitting on my asss....

It has been my goal in recovery to do what I am suppose to do NO MATTER WHAT. Guess what? I have found that I am so much more "at peace" when I do this. Little things like changing a light bulb that's out, taking out the trash (before it overflows), doing the dishes, running the vaccume, dusting, etc... Basically, looking for things to do rather than avoiding them.

This has been very therapudic for me. Every time I do one of these things I feel better instantly. For all of you newcomers that are as lazy as me. I would suggest doing these things daily. I like to put on some good music and just get to work. If I'm tired, I find that once moving around I'm not tired anymore. If I am anxious, I find that it calms me. It just has helped me very much. For most people this is just called being "normal" lol... For me, it's a major change.

Best of luck everyone! Let's all go to bed tonight sober! Sound good?