Old 07-26-2004, 11:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dotcom

called him a lying piece of crap. He says, "no, I'm an addict."
now that is just ridiculous! i am an addict, and am trying very hard not to play the addict card. yes, i believe its a card. for a certain amount of time, the addict card helped me. but, its no excuse. i believe addiction is what DonS says, "a maladaptive behavior". i am an addict, but that is just a label i use to explain my old behaviors. and as for playing the card ... i have become very black and white about that. accepting responsibility is key for me to stay on track and keep the focus on myself, not on why my mom got mad because i got arrested. my mom has a right to be mad, and now its time for me to do another 360. i have 18 months clean, and the incident has nothing to do with drugs. but i am working hard at not playing "the addict" card. im looking deep into my crap and digging around for solutions. from the drug i used, i may have psychosis. great. its cool though, because i can take a pill and get my mind back in order. while that may have played a part in the arrest, it has nothing to do with the addict card. can you tell i hate that? LOL. it has to do with my not taking care of my mental state much earlier and that is my responsibility. okay sorry for rambling!