View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Unfortunately the doors are into the apartment BUILDING, so I can't really put a chair in front of them, but I'm on the third floor, and I can take the far stairwell (he always takes the elevator) and exit into the lot across from the complex office.

Also, since he would not let me go anywhere without him, I don't have any haunts to change. It's actually exciting in a way, I get to pick my own haunts now. I do have to avoid one of the Supermarkets around here if he's on the prowl, because I have mentioned that brand in my favorite, but there are two of them within 10 minutes of each other and they're huge, so that will slow him down. And I can even use the apartment complex swimming pool in the summer, because he hates swimming (so he'd never think to look) and he doesn't have a residence pass anyway (since he's not on the lease).

If he gets desperate I may have to get a new car, but since he's always been mistaking other people's cars for mine. It's weird, because he's so good with cars, especially American made ones, but he'll pick ones that are a similar color but without the bumper stickers or the small spoiler on the back (I bought the car used, and only cared enough to peel off the football related bumper stickers, although I left on the "custom/homemade" paint job the prior owner did to make it match the local football team).

@wicked - I thought that revelation was too good not to share. I still cry when I look at that plant.
@fourmaggie - Thank you so much for that quote, Phoenix is way smarter than she gives herself credit for. <3

And now it's time for me to go see the therapist. He fit me in on Saturday, and I'm so excited. I spoke with him on the phone last night, and it really feels like he "gets it". He specializes in addiction and abuse, and I feel really lucky our insurance covers him.