View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Welcome to the secular side Jackedjohn

Originally Posted by Jackedjohn
to discuss sobriety as a part of life and not life as a part of sobriety.
I can do that . Addiction treatment for me is just one skill of many that I'm learning to live a heather life. Some of the skills I'm learning and practicing are found in the SMART Recovery Tools and with CBT coping strategies. These skills can be applied to a wide variety of life's situations not just addiction.

I have meet people in recovery that revolve their life around recovery 24/7. its all they talk about and do. It may work for them but I need to develop other aspects of my life like education, hobbies, social interaction and stuff like that. I feel what I'm doing is a holistic betterment exercise.

I have worked the program that "can not be named" here Secular Connections just to see if a non-theist like myself could do and found I could. But I understanding where your coming from. So that's the end of that. I would recommended that you read through http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rch-links.html. Lots of good information about addiction.

Anywho glad you found us here at Secular, keep posting and make SR a part of your treatment plan.